Stay active with us
Georg F. W. Schaeffler, the German billionaire, is the owner of 80% of the holding company INA- Holding Schaeffler GmbH & Co. KG, which includes Schaeffler AG.
|Date of Birth||October 19, 1964|
|Source of Wealth||Automotive|
|Education||The University of St. Gallen Duke University|
Georg Schaeffler has expanded the company over the years and in 1999 he took over the German automotive manufacturer LuK GmbH, in turn acquiring, the German producer of ball bearings FAG Kugelfischer, in 2002.
In 2008 Georg Schaeffler founded the Schaeffler Group, and acquired Continental AG, a giant in the auto parts industry and one of the largest tire manufacturers in the world. He had spent around $15 Billion in the transaction.
Georg Schaeffler’s firm, The Schaeffler Group employs over 80,000 people in 170 locations in 49 different countries.
In 2003, Georg Schaeffler along with his mother was listed in the list of billionaires of the world.
LuK GmbH, the internationally renowned automotive manufacturer for clutch and transmission systems is a part of Georg Schaeffler's Schaeffler Group.
Georg Schaeffler took over the publicly traded tire and auto parts giant, Continental AG in 2008.
Georg Schaeffler bought a house on Armstrong that was worth around $6 Million.
Georg Schaeffler with his brother founded and owns INA in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
Georg Schaeffler along with his mother owns the proprietors of Schaeffler Group. The company is world’s largest producers of ball bearings and machine components.
Continental AG, the publicly traded tire and auto parts giant was taken over by Georg Schaeffler in the year 2008.
Georg Schaeffler joined Haynes and Boone as a summer clerk, after completing his study. He took a full-time job at the company, while the real background of Georg Schaeffler was not known to any of his colleagues.
In 1996, after his father’s death, he inherited 80% of the enterprise, while his mother, Maria-Elisabeth Schaeffler, owns the other 20%. She was the one that was leading the company.
Georg Schaeffler is believed to have served two years in the German armed forces, reaching the rank of lieutenant in the air force reserves.
Reports revealed that Georg Schaeffler visits the United States several times a year to meet his ex-wife and children.
Georg Schaeffler has reportedly served the German armed forces as the lieutenant in the air force reserves.